Choices Teachers (your best starting point)
Help from your Teachers - Teachers at Choices are available to help students when needed by scheduling one on one tutoring and homework help time. Communication with your teachers is one of the most important factors in success. Students can get help in a variety of ways and formats, all you need to do is ask:
- Chat using SchoolsPLP for help.
- Email your teacher for help.
- Call your teacher for help.
- Zoom with your teacher for help.
- Schedule a meeting on campus with your teacher.
Choices Computer Lab & Tutoring with Mrs. Cave
Computer Lab tutoring hours are as follows: (closed for lunch from 12-12:30)
- Monday – Wed: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Online CA Library Tutoring Program - HelpNow
Free Online Homework Help from the California State Library - 24/7 assistance available in English and Spanish for Language Arts and Mathematics
Every day between 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., assistance is available in core K-12 subjects in the following languages:
- English, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Tagalog
Anyone using a computer inside of California can benefit from the live “HelpNow” program. Simply visit the HelpNow login page to get started with a live tutoring session now. The average wait time is 23 seconds.
HelpNow's features include:
- Homework Help Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- Skills-Building Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- Personalized eLearning Tools My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more!
- 24-Hour Writing Lab Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Send Question Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Adult Learning Center Access a library of rich adult learning content (GED) and live, professional assistance in resume/cover letter writing, U.S. citizenship prep, MS Office Essential Skills Series, and more!
- Foreign Language Lab /Spanish-Speaking Support
Tutors can provide a virtual whiteboard, conduct live audio interactions with students, and work with learners on a wide range of concepts. Students are expected to work through the content and learn from the feedback. Tutors do not provide answers — they provide guidance and help. Tutoring sessions may be monitored for completeness and pedagogical effectiveness. All tutors have passed background checks and possess, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree.
Additionally, users who have a valid library card can log into the service and receive additional benefits. Learners can request to continue working with their preferred tutors or access a “writing lab” to drop off written work and receive feedback. Students can pose a question and get a written answer returned to them, review past sessions, and send and receive messages to tutors and organize tasks.
The HelpNow app is available on iOs and Andriod platforms via their app stores. The app designed to function on smartphones as well as tablets.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Math Tutoring Buddies Program - Sacramento State
The Department of Mathematics & Statistics at Sacramento State is offering a new tutoring program for middle/high school students. The mission of the Math Tutoring Buddies Program is to provide free, high-quality one-on-one tutoring to high school students in the local community that will enrich the learning opportunities for both university and middle/high school students.